Friday, January 8, 2010

foray into fisheye

i've been dying to play with my new fisheye lens so i decided to take it to the lab today where there is copious light and lots of interesting things to photograph. i still need lots of practice, and to develop a better eye for what will look interesting with this technique, but i had fun shooting people and things around the lab. i got home a little earlier than peter and erik, so after i was finished shoveling the driveway, i snapped a few photos of our house/neighborhood/trees. this is my favorite, a hibiscus:

winter

some snowy pines at the cemetery this morning:

IMG_6811

the view from my window at the lab, down the monongahela river towards downtown pittsburgh:

IMG_6813

marco in our bay:

IMG_6812

my desk:

IMG_6839

my snowy neighborhood:

IMG_6844

hopefully i'll have a lot more time to experiment this weekend! i want to try to take erik sledding (for the first time ever) tomorrow, and we're going to a party at my friend jamie's house tomorrow evening. plus lots of cleaning to get ready for erik's party next weekend. it's going to be a busy weekend!

No comments: