Monday, January 11, 2010

back on the horse

today was an unremarkable monday. i got erik up and out at a reasonable hour without much fuss, got to lab in time to do my transfections before class, and took my first shuttle rides of the year up to the bst and back for research in progress. it wasn't too bad. i was a little sleepy and had trouble paying attention, but i got some good hot chocolate beforehand so that was nice. here's me on the shuttle, looking a little haggard:

first shuttle ride of 2010

i'm not sure why, but i seem to feel compelled to take self portraits on the shuttle with my phone and then post them. i guess it's all about documenting little parts of your day. i really should start carrying around my little camera with me to capture all of the interesting things i see each day rather than using my phone. but i guess it has a certain charm all its own.

i really am trying to motivate myself to get my house cleaned and organized for our guests this weekend, but i'm just feeling so absolutely uninspired to clean. i know that by the end of the week i'll be in full blown panic mode and it will all get done, so i'm not too concerned just yet. i have to give a lot of credit to peter who actually has been doing a nice job of getting some things done in the living room. thank you peter!!!

No comments: