Friday, October 17, 2008

fun with procrastination

i haven't done any blogging this week so far because i just haven't felt like it. on sunday we did go to the pumpkin patch at schramm's, but it just wasn't a good time to go for a number of reasons, one of them being that it was crazy hot and sunny and just didn't set the right mood for autumn pumpkin picking. i thought it would be cute to put erik in orange for the occasion, but he got rather lost among the pumpkins.
IMG_1312
IMG_1316
he enjoyed testing out the pumpkins by sitting on them.
IMG_1294IMG_1317
and he especially liked looking at the (stinky) little piggies.
IMG_1335IMG_1333
we went into the market too, but didn't buy anything. not even a little pumpkin.
lil punkinsIMG_1342
the rest of the week has been stressful/unpleasant for the most part. i think i had my first ever full blown panic attack on monday at the thought of my comps. i wrote up my abstract on tuesday, which is due next week. i think it's ok. i'm not crazy about it, but it's a start. i have about 3 weeks to complete my written proposal, and i'm pissing it away like i usually do. i can never do anything without a healthy dose of procrastination. i had my midterm in my stem cells class yesterday, so i spent a good bit of time procrastinating/worrying about/studying for that. when we got to class, we found out it was going to be a take home exam and didn't have to turn it in until the morning. it turns out i could have probably done really well if i hadn't used my notes. i can't imagine that i didn't get an A on it, although i know i missed one question for sure. this afternoon i did manage to collect all of the papers that i have so far that i will need to write my proposal. i am sure there will be many more, but for now my stack is only about 6 inches high, and i have read almost all of them. i am sure i will be reading them all again very soon! so here i am procrastinating again. it seems to be a theme in my life. i can't help myself. i probably have ADD or ADHD or some kind of other crazy thing. who knows?

No comments: