Tuesday, May 19, 2009

my mother's day

i have put it off long enough! i feel like i'll never give my mother's day 2009 a proper post, so i'll do a quick one now. that's just me, being the procrastinator that i am. in case you're interested, you can see a set of photos from last sunday here. it's a small selection of the over 630 photos i took that day, but i think they're the best!

we had a very nice mother's day weekend. the 'celebration' started saturday night with a quiet take-out dinner from one of my favorite restaurants (lulu's), two good bottles of wine, and a movie of my choice (nick and norah's infinite playlist - loved it!). on sunday, we went to kennywood with my mom, my brother adam, sister-in-law chrissy, and nieces morgan, marisa, and maggie. it was peter's idea to go, and i have to say at first i was a little skeptical. be we really had the BEST time. i think every single one of us had a blast. the weather was nice and cool so we didn't bake in the sun, and the park was so quiet that we didn't have to wait to get on almost anything. it was awesome! erik was big enough to ride lots of things this year that he couldn't last year, and probably the best part of my day was watching him have fun on the rides. i also had a blast going on phantom's revenge with my niece morgan for the first time, along with several other rides.

here are a few highlights.

erik's first picture with kenny the kangaroo:
IMG_8862

a really sweet picture of erik giving maggie a kiss:
erik sneaking a kiss

all the kids with cowboy joe (maggie not so happy!):
IMG_8917

me and my boy on his first ride on the jack rabbit:
IMG_8987

IMG_8998

the four kiddos in kiddieland:
IMG_9064

on pounce bounce:
IMG_9100

it was great watching erik and maggie enjoy themselves on the rides so much!
erik and maggie on the kiddie whip

unkie newt and aunt chrissy took erik on the log jammer:
IMG_9212

IMG_9219

morgan rode phantom's revenge for the first time:
IMG_9264

IMG_9280

IMG_9282

and the racer:
IMG_9227

the racer

and i attempted to take a few more 'arty' photos:
the wave swinger

the thunderbolt

phantom's revenge

IMG_9455

chair lift and phantom's revenge at sunset

it was a GREAT day with my GREAT family! i am so lucky to have every one of them!!!

No comments: