Thursday, May 21, 2009

memorial day weekend

we will be heading to louisville tomorrow morning, the whole crew of us. this includes my mom, peter, erik, adam, chrissy, morgan, marisa, maggie, and me. whew! i hope everything goes well. i am really looking forward to seeing my family and showing erik my "ancestral home." it will be very good to introduce erik to more of his family, particularly grams. i told him last week that we're going to see grams this weekend and he's mentioned it every day. he somehow knows that grams is special, and that getting to be with her is also very special indeed. i'm sad that it can't happen more often.

the past few weeks have been somewhat of a blur. i've been working on a new project at school that is taking a lot of time and not progressing at all. i hear this is normal, but it still bums me out and makes me feel more stress than i would like. hopefully i will be able to get something to work out eventually, and even more hopefully i will be able to get enough work done to graduate before i'm 40. good grief!

two of my photos that were chosen for the pittsburgh 250 project were picked to be displayed at the new childrens hospital campus in lawrenceville. only 60 were chosen, and i was told that very few people had more than one photo chosen so i am pretty excited about that. i have been collaborating with someone at the new research center over there and had a chance to stop by the hospital today, but unfortunately i couldn't find my photos. if anyone reading this happens to be going there in the future, please keep and eye out for my pictures and let me know if you see them! the ones that are on display there are:

phantom's revenge

and

monkey in the middle

i haven't uploaded many photos this week since i've been busy/preoccupied. i'm sure i will have tons of pictures from our upcoming trip, so that'll be fun. i'm hoping the weather will be good on saturday when we visit my aunt mary's farm because i would love for all the kids to get to see the horses ... and for me to take their pictures!

i almost forgot that erik got his haircut this week and he did so well! he sat very still most of the time and i think it came out nicely. here are the before, during, and after shots:

e1

e2

e3

No comments: