Saturday, May 9, 2009

in the mood for mosaics

last weekend we took erik to the big playground at schenley park and i took some cute pictures of him with my rebel. here is a mosaic of some of my favorites that i think came out really well:

erik mosaic

so after that, i kind of got the mosaic bug again and thought i'd make a couple more flower mosaics because they're pretty and they make me happy. i went with the "thin vertical frames" layout because i hadn't tried it before, and tried to pick some of my recent flower pictures that would best suit that format. i like the way this one turned out:

flower tiles

i tried another with a theme of "blue and white" flowers, but i am not sure how i feel about this one. i think i definitely could choose better pictures. working on this mosaic made me realize that i really need to properly organize and tag the photos on my flickr account. what do you think of this one?

blue and white

this should be a good weekend (fingers crossed)! sunday is mother's day and we're going to kennywood - yay! the weather is supposed to be really nice too ... not too hot, not too sunny, and not rainy. and my hubby has promised me a nice quiet takeout dinner together after erik goes to bed tomorrow night, a bottle two bottles several bottles of wine, and a movie that i will likely get to choose. sounds perfect! i think we should have a mother's day every month!

No comments: