Wednesday, March 4, 2009

today

i had a bad start to my day today ... my experiments didn't turn out well at all, i'm still feeling sick (it's been over a week - enough already!), and erik was particularly ornery this morning (he's still sick too). by the time i left the lab to pick up erik, i was in a really foul mood. but seeing my little guy really raised my spirits, and it was warm enough this afternoon that the three of us walked to the little playground down the street and erik had so much fun going down the big winding slide over and over and over again. it was pretty chilly, still in the 40s, but it had been months since he's played at the playground so we stayed awhile and let him enjoy it. one of the nice things about peter's new schedule is that we can do these kinds of things in the afternoons now. it's great having a little extra "family time."

here are some pictures from our walk this afternoon.

running for the playground
IMG_0015

my two favorite guys
IMG_0018

on the swing!
IMG_0026

down the slide!
IMG_0031
IMG_0032
IMG_0033

my happy boy
IMG_0042

going home
IMG_0038

the sunset was really pretty again tonight so i decided to take some pictures with my new camera from erik's window which has the best view of the west/downtown (the photos above are also from my new powershot ... i love it so far!). unfortunately it's also the window that overlooks our asshole neighbor's back yard with their stupid dog that is always barking and annoying us/waking me up. i have complained (aka yelled loudly from the window) to my neighbor on numerous occasions about the freaking dog who will bark and bark and bark while the neighbors just go about their business without paying any attention to him. (it's a big dog, a chocolate lab, so it has a LOUD bark.) anyway, when i opened the window to take pictures tonight, the dog was out there barking and the stupid neighbor lady had the nerve to yell at me and tell me that if i wouldn't stand there teasing the dog it wouldn't be barking! that really pissed me off! why would i be encouraging the dog to bark when the sound of his bark fills me with murderous rage? grrrr! regardless, i still appreciated the beauty of the sunset, and here are the damn pictures to prove it!

IMG_0049
IMG_0065
IMG_0071

No comments: