Monday, March 2, 2009

end of winter blahs

hear that mother nature? END of winter! don't make me come out there ...

my resolution to do better at keeping up with my blog has gone the way of most of my resolutions. still i am at least making an attempt to post semi-regularly, primarily because it's one of the few ways that i can actually remember what's going on in my life. i don't know if it's motherhood or being a graduate student, but lately my brain has been mush. maybe i can blame it on the 30 colds i've had since winter started! so yes, i have ANOTHER freakin' cold. poor erik does too. somehow peter has managed to skirt this one so far, but he bore the full brunt of the last one.

the east coast got hit by a pretty bad storm last night, but luckily here in pittsburgh we didn't see so much as a flurry. in fact we really haven't had much snow at all this winter, maybe only one or two significant accumulations, and nothing more than 4 or 5 inches at a time. lately i have been going through my old digital photos (i had planned on starting with even older prints but discovered our scanner doesn't work ... garr), and came across these from a big snow storm we had in 2003 when we were living in green township in nj. we had so much snow the fence in our front yard was almost completely buried.

snowstorm 2003

peter rose to the challenge! (i helped too).

snowstorm 2003

snowstorm 2003

snowstorm 2003

i was very happy not to have to shovel snow this morning, but it sure is cold out there! luckily peter is letting me sleep with my flannel sheets and humidifier, which has been a little bit of heaven on earth while i am sick! is it springtime yet?

No comments: