Wednesday, May 5, 2010

hmmm

seems to me i haven't blogged in awhile. and i started the year off so strong! maybe i'll catch up again one of these days. i've been taking TONS of photographs and have been enjoying playing with them in photoshop and i just adore the topaz adjust plugin! i have lots and lots of new flowers popping up in my yard. i don't remember having so many in years past, but maybe it's just that i wasn't really looking. these just came up this week:

star-of-bethlehem

they are called star-of-bethlehem. and i am captivated by these bluebells:

goodnight bluebell

thanks to the kind folks on flickr for helping me to identify all of my beautiful blossoms! perhaps i'll dedicate my next post to logging and identifying all of the flowers that i have in my own tiny little yard in pittsburgh, pa!

2 comments:

lisa said...

where did you find the star of bethlehem? I remember seeing it at black moshannon state park up by penn state. I love that stuff. I wish I could find some and transplant it into my garden. I got a new camera, nothing like yours, but I have been able to take some close close pics of flowers that I adore. I really love your style. Please let me know where to find that flower in the burg? thx

lilly said...

it's so pretty, isn't it? these popped up right in my front yard, though i think all of the pictures are from my neighbor's yard because theirs were prettier! :) i also saw some growing yesterday in front of phipps conservatory near the gate to the outdoor garden, but they're past their prime.

thank you so much for all of your comments and your compliments on my pictures! and have fun with your new camera! many many of my favorite photos have been taken with an inexpensive point and shoot camera. you don't need to spend a lot on a camera to take really good pictures!